Adam Smith, Esq Readership
"Adam Smith, Esq." the website and blog founded and published by Bruce MacEwen, provides an occasional profile of its readers on the Adam Smith, Esq. site. In Feb 2009 Adam Smith, Esq. posted the following information at www.AdamSmithEsq.com :
- 73% of “Adam Smith, Esq.” readers are in the US, 27% of them are not.
- The leading non-US countries, in order of readership, are the UK, Canada, Australia, and Hong Kong. After that it's anyone's bet, including one Adam Smith, Esq. reader (self-reported) in Kazakhstan.
- About 30% of Adam Smith, Esq. readers are in the AmLaw 100.
- About 55% of Adam Smith, Esq. readers are in the AmLaw 200.
- General counsel are a minute readership: < 1%.
- Most of the rest of the Adam Smith, Esq. readers are:
- Staff or other "non-lawyers" in law firms,
- law professors,
- law students,
- the media, and
- About 30% of Adam Smith, Esq. readers are associates.
- About 22% of Adam Smith, Esq. readers are partners (and compare those proportions to the real world: "Adam Smith, Esq." skews towards partners).
- Among partners, a disproportionate percentage of Adam Smith, Esq. readres are on the management/executive committee
- Among people on the management/executive committee, a disproportionate percentage of Adam Smith, Esq. readers are managing partners.
A few other facts provided by Bruce MacEwen about the "Adam Smith, Esq." profile:
- Bruce MacEwen started the Adam Smith, Esq. site at the very end of 2003.
- There are now nearly 1,000 articles (you'll hear about it when we hit that milestone).
- MacEwen writes every single word himself--with the obvious exception of guest columns, “which you can count on the fingers of one hand.”
- Site traffic is about a third of a million page-views per month: A recent low might be 310,000, and a recent high might be 360,000, but a third of a million seems a fair approximation.
- About 3,000 of Adam Smith, Esq. readers subscribe to the monthly email newsletter.
Want to discover more resources like the Adam Smith, Esq. website? Get your copy of Bright Ideas: Insights from Legal Luminaries Worldwide today!